Celebrate Local Saturday at Casey Jones ViIlage
(Jackson, TN) The Casey Jones Village Spring Festival is held the last Saturday in April each year and commemorates the famous last ride of railroad legend Casey Jones in April of 1900, the founding of Brooks Shaw's Old Country Store in April of 1965 and the opening of Casey Jones Village 35 years ago in April of 1978. There will be a variety of festivities in Casey Jones Village Saturday, April 27th from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm including local art vendors, musical entertainment with the Jackson Area Plectral Society and activities at Brooks Shaw's Old Country Store, Casey Jones Home & Railroad Museum, Providence House, the Village Chapel, the Village Shoppes and Casey Jones Mini-Golf.
In recent years, the Art in the Village gallery located in the Village Shoppes has hosted a Spring Arts Festival in conjunction with the day's festivities. Over 60 local and regional artists and artisans are participating this year. Join us as we celebrate local history, food, art and music April 27th:
Spring Festival Highlights:
- Meet & Greet with Casey Jones' Granddaughter Nancy Howse and her son Charles Howse. Casey Jones Museum. 11:00 am to Noon.
- Shop local for one of a kind original art with over 60 artist and artisan vendors. See artists at work. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm weather permitting.
- Story time with Miss Judy - Casey Jones Museum - 10:00 am/Noon/2:00 pm
- Union University Improv troupe - Shows at 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm. Casey Jones Museum theater.
- Q & A with former railroad telegrapher Jerry Ellis. Casey Jones Museum Exhibit Hall. 11:30 am at Casey Jones Museum.
- Montessori Center of Jackson - Special performance - 1:30 pm. Casey Jones Museum.
- Specials at Brooks Shaw's Old Country Store.
- Musical entertainment throughout the day with the Jackson Area Plectral Society at Casey Jones Museum, Music Highway Crossroads and the Old Country Store.
- Pop up Cafe at Music Highway Crossroads - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday serving lunch and festival fare.
- Open House at the 1837 historic home and events venue Providence House - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Tours of The Village Chapel.
- Casey Jones Mini-Golf.
In the event of rain, indoor activities will still be held this Saturday, April 27th. In the case of thunderstorms, the rain date for the art festival is Saturday, May 4th.
The Casey Jones Village website is www.caseyjones.com and the Village is located at 56 Casey Jones Lane in Jackson, Tennessee.